Sidney Country Club
Club Policies and
New Member Golf Orientation
Golf Shop Phone: 406-433-1894 Fax 406-433-1895 General Manager: Jay Frank
SCC Clubhouse Phone: 406-433-7460
Golf Shop e-mail address:
golf professional: Jay Frank
Grounds E-Mail address:
grounds superintendent: Jason Lamb
F& B E-Mail Address:
Executive Chef – : Mickey Wick
Welcome to Sidney Country Club as one of our newest members. This document will help you with the club’s rules, policies and practices. Remember that the Golf Shop staff is always available to assist you with any membership questions that may not be answered in this document. We appreciate your membership in our club and hope you enjoy your year and continued year’s at the club.
Golf cart Operation and Policies:
- Golf cart rental fees are $10 for 9 holes and $13 for 18 holes per rider.
- Course maintenance fees are charged for any user of a private golf cart other than the current owner: Rates are $10 for 9 holes (per cart) and $15 for 18 holes (per cart). These must be paid each time a non cart owner uses a private golf cart.
- An annual fee of $250 can also be paid to use any private golf cart. (New in 2009)
- Members may also choose the annual cart rental option for $600.00 which allows family members 18 years of age or older to rent a cart. Carts may be used for 18 holes per day per membership and will not be available for tournament use. Annual cart leases expire on October 31st of each year. ($600 Annually or $115 per month-minimum of 5 months)
- Golf cart operators must be a minimum of 18 years of age to operate a club-owned rental cart, and 15 years of age and holding a valid driver's license to operate a private cart. Children without a driver's license are not allowed to operate any golf cart (private or club owned at any time).
- Golf cart travel is permitted on fairways of the golf course but is restricted to all cart paths where supplied. Please keep your golf carts on the concrete paths around the teeing grounds, starting at 50 yards from the greens, and on all par 3 holes. Please keep carts out of all restricted (roped off) areas especially on hole #9 where cart traffic is restricted to the cart path ONLY. Carts must remain at least 30 feet from all greens!
- The golf course superintendent may, from time to time, limit golf cart traffic to the paths. When this occurs the regulation will be posted in the Golf Shop, and all players must keep their golf carts on the paths throughout the course.
- Golf carts are not allowed in the native (tall) grass areas throughout the course.
- The cost to repair damaged golf carts is the responsibility of the member or guest causing the damage, and repair costs will be billed to the respective member account
- Golf carts must be returned to the cart staging area at the completion of play.
- Please return golf carts to the staging area at least ½ hour before dusk in the evening; please refer to the posted time in the golf shop.
- Golf carts are discouraged from being driven in the parking lots around the clubhouse for the safety of the occupants; please use the bag drop whenever possible for all golf equipment. Please use caution when entering the parking lots with private golf carts.
- A maximum of two passengers and two sets of clubs are allowed per rental cart.
- Any property damage caused by the operation of a cart on Club property shall be the responsibility of the owner and the operator in the case of a private cart, and the lessee or operator in the case of a rental cart.
Golf Car Storage Costs and Policies:
- Cart spaces become available at times in both the Public and Private sheds at the club.
- Currently there is a waiting list to receive a space, and anyone interested in signing this list should contact the golf professional or accountant.
- A cart space contract must be completed and signed by each applicant for a storage space before it can be occupied.
- Annual rental fees shall be $175 for a private cart space and $125 for a public shed space.
Owners of electric carts shall pay a fee of $50 for electricity use for the season.
- A cart course maintenance fee will also be charged to all cart owners at a rate of $150 for the current listed owner and $250 for each additional non-owner user of a cart. A non-owner may also choose to pay a daily use fee at a rate $15 for 18 holes and $10 for 9 holes.
- Carts will be numbered according to each owner’s space beginning in 2009 and all cart owners who drive golf carts to course will be given a number as well signifying their approval for operation on the golf course.
- For current co-owners of golf carts there will be no transfer of joint cart space rights unless all renters have paid at least three years of cart & course maintenance fees. There will be NO new co-owner carts stored on club property after May 1st, 2008.
- When a current renter of a cart storage space sells their cart or resigns from membership the rental space does not go with sale of the golf cart automatically. ONLY rental spaces with a remaining balance of prepaid yearly rental from original purchase may be transferred to another member of the renter’s choosing. Such transfer MUST be reported to the club and a new cart space agreement must be signed by the new space occupant. In all other circumstances, cart spaces may only be transferred by virtue of the waiting list maintained by the board.
- Gas storage in any of the sheds is STRICTLY prohibited.
Registration and Golf Cart Key:
- All players are asked to register in the Pro Shop before commencing play. The staff will also give provide keys to the rental golf cars at that time if needed.
- Trail and cart fees must also be paid upon registering.
- Rental cart keys must be returned immediately after the completion of the round.
Golf Course Dress Code:
- MEN: Slacks or Bermuda length shorts, denim (allowed) must be worn, and shirts are recommended to have a collar, but appropriate tee shirts will be allowed. Sleeveless shirts, tank tops, or no shirts will NOT BE ALLLOWED at any time on golf course or practice facilities. Golf shoes must have non-metal spikes, and flat-soled tennis shoes are permitted.
- WOMEN: Shorts and skirts must be no shorter than mid-thigh in length. Mid-riff tops, halter tops and tank tops are not permitted. Golf shoes must have non-metal spikes, and flat-soled tennis shoes are permitted. DENIM is acceptable in any form.
- JUNIORS: Boys and girls are held to the dress code for men and women as stated above.
- Members may make a starting time either in person, or by telephone, one week in advance. Walk-in play is welcomed, but subject to availability.
- When you are hosting guests, please inform the golf shop staff when you call who will be responsible for guest fees (member or guest).
- No groups larger than five players will be allowed on the course without prior permission of the Club Pro or pro shop personnel on duty.
- When the pro shop is open, ALL players must check in to the pro shop prior to playing.
- Each player must have his or her OWN set of golf clubs when playing.
- Any current or prospective member that is not married but would like their significant other to play on their membership must first be referred to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Non-members of the club are permitted to play at Sidney CC as many times as they wish but guest fees must be paid each time a round is played.
Guest fees are as follows:
Weekdays $55 per player/ 18 holes $32 per player/ 9 holes
Weekends and Holidays $55 per player/ 18 holes $32 per player/ 9 holes
Guest of a Member $45 per player/18 holes $25 per player/9 holes
Twilight rate (after 6:30 p.m.) $25 per player/ rest of day
Guest fees may be charged to your member account, charged to a credit card or paid by cash.
Guests must adhere to the club’s dress code, and it is the responsibility of the member to inform guests of appropriate dress before their arrival.
Winter rate (11/1 – 3/1) $15 per player/ per day (No rental carts available)
- Members are permitted to entertain up to 23 guests per day with the approval of the golf professional staff. For groups exceeding 24 total players, approval must be requested in written form through the Pro Shop Committee.
Green Fee Pass Packages Now Available
- 10 Round Package ( 9 Hole Green Fee Package ) This package would allow the purchaser to play ten 9-hole rounds of golf with complimentary cart rentals for either 1 golfer for five rounds. Anyone may use the card but it does expire on October 31st of each golf season, and any unused rounds of golf are lost. ($100.00 Discount). $320.00
- 10 Round Package (18 Hole Green Fee Package) This package would allow the purchaser to play ten 18-hole rounds of golf with complimentary cart rentals for 1 golfer for five rounds. Anyone may use the card, but it does expire on October 31st of each golf season and any unused rounds of golf are lost. ($130.00 Discount). $550.00
- 20 Round Package (18 Hole Green Fee Package) This package would allow the purchaser to play twenty 18-hole rounds of golf only. It is transferable and can be used by any number of golfers. This would be a great package for a golfer who is unsure of membership to club or offers a group of players a discount for golf. Anyone may use the card but it does expire on October 31st of each golf season and any unused rounds of golf are lost. ($111.00 Discount). $899.00 (This package does not include cart usage)
Golf Shop Hours of Operation: Summer (May-Sept) Winter (Oct-April)
- Monday thru Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 6:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. 9:00 a.m. to 5:00p.m.
Golf Course Hours of Operation:
- Monday thru Friday: 7:00 a.m. to dusk
- Saturday and Sunday: 6:00 a.m. to dusk
Reciprocal Course Play:
- SCC members have the opportunity to play additional private clubs. Your membership in a private country club allows you the reciprocal opportunity to golf at most private clubs in the United States as a member onto their facility. Please bear in mind that most often, the out-of-town course will want the golf professional here to make your tee times, and there will be green fees charged for your play. Please contact the golf professional for more information.
SCC Golf Shop:
- The Golf Shop is your source for golf equipment, clothing and accessories at competitive prices. Merchandise is stocked for your convenience, and items not found in stock may be special-ordered.
- Special-order items will be billed at the time the order is placed.
- Merchandise credits may be used for any Golf Shop purchases, including special orders, but the order must be placed prior to October 1st each year.
- Unused merchandise credits expire December 31st each year.
- Merchandise credit balances are available in the Golf Shop.
- Demo golf equipment must be checked out and returned the day that it is used.
- Demo equipment that has not been returned within 48 hours will be billed to respective members account at member pricing marked on the club.
- Merchandise credits must be posted to a member’s account at the time of a special order in order to be used. Members MAY NOT use credits won to pay for a previous bill or special order.
- Sidney CC has a premier practice facility, and we encourage you to take advantage of this outstanding resource. Range balls are available when the Golf Shop is open in the morning and until dark in the evening. Range tokens are available in the golf shop at the following costs:
Individual Token (Small Bucket) $3.00
Double Tokens (Large Bucket) $6.00
Range Card (24 single tokens ) $64.00
Individual Range Plan (Annual) $299.00
Individual Range Plan (Monthly) $110.00
Family Range Plan (Annual) $399.00
Family Range Plan (Monthly) $150.00
- Range tokens are usable until November 1st, at which time they must be returned to golf shop as new token sizes are used each season and previous tokens will be unusable.
- The club has a bag storage facility available for rent on an annual basis. Bag storage is $30 per bag/annually. A speed cart will cost $10 per year until the storage room nears capacity, at which time it will cost the annual bag rate.
- Bag storage is arranged through the golf shop staff.
Shoe & Private Cart Cleaning Services
- The pro shop staff will clean, polish and re-spike your shoes, this is a free service to those members who have purchased shoes with us during the current season, however tips are encouraged and appreciated. If you are not sure what to tip, we have a guideline on the slips used to request work. There is a $6.00 fee for those members who have not purchased their shoes with us during the current calendar year.
- The golf shop staff will also provide cart cleaning services during the summer months from April 1st- September 31st. We will arrange to have your golf cart cleaned and polished and put back in either your private or public parking spot. Those members that drive their golf carts into the golf course may also make arrangements to have their golf carts cleaned. The cost for cart cleaning and polishing is $7.00 per cart. A sign-up sheet will be located in the golf shop to arrange for cart cleaning.
Our outside service staff is here as a convenience to the membershi. Their jobs include bringing up and putting away carts, setting up and picking the driving range, handling and cleaning members clubs, and various other duties. They will be scheduled on weekend days, tournament days, and league days to assist members' needs here at the club.
- We encourage tipping for our outside service employees when they have done a good job for you. Please remember that at certain times of the year you will see fewer staff based on our budget. Any tipping that you feel is appropriate is greatly appreciated. Services fdor which you might consider tipping include: carrying clubs, cleaning clubs, moving clubs from storage, setting up your cart, or anything that you feel is deserving of a tip.
- Please keep in mind that our outside staff is usually paid a low hourly wage and tips in this department are used to supplement that wage.
- Remember that the outside service staff is here to help you fully enjoy your day; please do not hesitat to ask them for help.
Club Repair Services:
- Club repair is available through the Golf Shop. Simple repairs such as re-gripping can normally be completed within 24 hours. Re-shafting is normally completed within one week, unless shafts must be ordered.
- Warranty repair for defective clubs is coordinated through the Golf Shop, and the staff will make arrangements to have your warranty repairs completed through the respective manufacturer.
- Club repair charges can be paid by member charge, credit card billing, or by cash payment.
- Merchandise credit cannot be used to pay for club repair.
- The club currently retains one PGA professional that provides golf instruction for the membership: Jay M. Frank, PGA Head Professional. Individual lessons, lesson series and Junior Golf clinics are available.
- Lesson Fee structure is as Follows:
Hour Private Lesson $48
½ Hour Private Lesson $32
Series of 5 Hour Private Lessons $240 (Includes a free playing lesson)
Series of (5) ½ Hour Private Lessons $150
Couples Hour Lesson $68
Couples Series of 3 Hour Lesson $195
Junior Lessons Private (1/2 Hour) $20
- Junior Golf programs begin in May, and continue through the summer months. The programs are open to children and grandchildren of members aged 4 through 18. Clinics are provided for children of all playing abilities, and the Junior Academy is an enhanced, week-long learning opportunity for the more advanced junior golfers, and it is offered in the spring (new) and again in late summer.
- Junior lessons will be provided on Wednesday mornings beginning at 8:00 AM and running until 10:30 AM with juniors divided into age groups.
- Please see junior golf manual for more details!
Junior use of the Golf Course:
Juniors will always be encouraged by the professional staff. The following age guidelines will help parents and juniors understand course availability for the junior golfers:
- No one under the age of four will be allowed on the golf course at any time.
- Children aged four or five are allowed on the course before noon on weekdays and after 4:00 Pm on weekends and holidays. They must be accompanied by an adult and they must remain in golf cart during the play of every hole except on the tee box and green. Children in this age category are allowed to use the practice areas with full parental supervision.
- Children between the ages of 6-14 will be allowed to play on weekends and holidays but MUST be accompanied by an adult. If not with an adult they are only allowed to be on the course after 4:00 PM
- Single children of current members, under the age of 23 and serving in the armed forces, will be allowed to play under their parent’s membership.
- Family member’s children are able to play under parent’s membership until the age of 23, as long as they are fully supported by family member.
The golf shop will control all play during the golf season. Juniors and parents must always check into the golf shop before play. Any decisions regarding play will be handled by the head golf professional.
Montana State Golf Association Handicap Services:
- Club members may establish handicaps through the MSGA for a fee of $20 per year. Handicaps are important and required for individuals who participate in leagues and tournaments. Anyone with a handicap at year end will automatically have his or her handicap renew, unless her or she resigns as member or notifies the golf shop before March 1st, 2014.
- The MSGA offers “free” handicaps to junior golfers under the age of 18.
- Please sign up for all handicaps in the golf shop.
- Ladies’ and Men’s golf associations are available to the membership. For a small charge, members of the associations will be eligible to participate in leagues and association tournaments.
- Association fees are used to enhance tournament purses.
- Ladies’ Day League is played on Thursday mornings at 9:30 AM.
- Ladies’ Evening League is played on Tuesday evenings at 5:30 PM.
- Couples’ Twilight League is played on Wednesday evenings the 1st,2nd and 4th Wednesday of each week and on the 3rd week will be held on Friday evenings at 5:30PM
- Men’s League is played on Thursday evenings at 5:30 PM.
- Senior Men’s League is played on Tuesday afternoon at 2:00 PM.
Couples night is restricted to persons at least 18 years of age or in the year of graduation from high school. Only one member per family or playing membership may play in men’s league. Additional family members may be a substitute, but must be at least 18 years of age or in the year of graduation from high school.
Tournament Entries and Cancellations:
- The club hosts many tournaments throughout the year for the enjoyment of the membership. A Tournament Handbook is produced each winter for the following year’s season, and is available to you. Tournament Handbooks may be picked up in the Golf Shop. Please keep in mind that changes to the tournament scheduling may occur, and updated information is available throughout the year.
- You may enter club tournaments by informing the Golf Shop staff that you intend to play. Please sign up as early as possible to insure your acceptance into the event, and to help the staff in their preparation. Our goal is to present professionally developed and administered tournaments, and early sign-ups are extremely helpful!
- If you have signed up for a tournament and must cancel, please do so at least 24 hours prior to the event’s starting time. If you have signed up for an event and fail to cancel within the appropriate timeframe, your account will be billed for the respective entry fee.
Charity and/or Corporate Outings and Outside Tournaments:
- The club hosts a few non-member events each year, and while most occur on an annual basis, from time to time open dates are available to the membership.
- To request a tournament date please submit your request, in writing, to the Pro Shop Committee. Please include information such as expected number of players, date requested, information about the group, etc.
- The Pro Shop Committee meets monthly, and all written requests are on the agenda for the next scheduled meeting. Requests to the Pro Shop committee may be e-mailed to the golf shop or delivered to the general manager of the club.
Green Fee Rates: Monday – Thursday Friday - Sunday
Under 72 players $38.00 $48.00
73 + Players $30.00 $44.00
- During peak play times from (April – September), the club will either have a beverage cart or Mulligan’s House available for your convenience. Drinks, snacks, burgers, hot dogs and brauts are normally available for purchase at Mulligan’s.
- Please note that vending machines are located at the driving range and 7th hole of the golf course, and you can purchase soft drinks and bottled water at those locations.
- Beverage coolers are available at the clubhouse for member and guest use and all beverages (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) must be purchased at the Sidney Country Club and are strictly prohibited from being carried on to the golf course or facility at any time.
Clubhouse and Policies:
- Wedding reception rental fee: $250.00 for non-member, $150.00 for member.
- All wedding receptions, if applicable, must supply and set up their own dance floor at the direction of Sidney Country Club staff.
- All wedding receptions subject to $500.00 damage deposit and are responsible for any and all damages and any theft of property to and from the interior of the clubhouse and to the grounds of the Sidney Country Club golf course, including any additional charges should the damage exceed $500.00. Damage deposit will be returned the day after the event, upon verification that no damage has occurred.
Food & Beverage Policy
- Sidney Country Club provides a full service menu from which to choose. Outside caters may not be used for any purpose other than specialty cakes.
- All state laws pertaining to the drinking age will be enforced and ID’s required when asked for. Weddings parties are not excluded from having ID’s checked.
- Our food and beverage staff reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
- All beverages must be purchased from SCC; any beverages brought into the facility will be taken by SCC staff.
Menu Selections & Guarantees
- When booking an event for a private party, menu selections are due 2 weeks in advance.
- A guaranteed number of guests is due 5 days in advance.
- Once we have received your guaranteed number of guests, this guaranteed number cannot be decreased, but can be increased up until 1 day before your event.
- The guaranteed number is the number for which you will be charged even if fewer guest attend.
- You will also be charged for any additional meals served above the guarantee. We prepare for approximately 5% over your guaranteed count.
- Prices for food & beverages are not guaranteed no sooner than 60 days before an event due to fluctuations in the market.
Payment, Service Charge
- Payment is due the day of the event (unless other arrangements have been made with management).
- All food and beverage prices are subject to an 18% gratuity charge. The entire gratuity charge is distributed to employees who prepare, serve and manage your event.
- We encourage tipping for clubhouse employees when you are pleased with their service. Remember at certain times of the year you will see fewer staff based on our budget. Any tipping that you feel is appropriate is greatly appreciated.
- Tips given to staff are pooled with all staff members and split daily as a group.
- Tips may be left on club charge slip, but must be added by member at time of closing of bill.
- Please keep in mind that our staff is usually paid a low hourly wage and tips you provide are used to supplement that wage.
- Please remember that the staff is here to help you fully enjoy your day: please do not hesitate to ask them for help.
- You may bring in candles for a centerpiece as long as they are in a container that will catch wax.
- CONFETTI & GLITTER ARE NOT PERMITTED. NO NAILS MAY BE USED.
- There will an additional fee for any damage and extra clean up that may be necessary.
Liability & Damages
- SCC shall not assume any responsibility for the loss of any personal items placed in our facility prior to, during or following an event.
- A service charge of 1 ½ % or $1.00 per month, whichever is greater, shall be charged on all accounts over 30 days old. Bills are due and payable on the 10th of the following month and will be delinquent 30 days from that date.
- If a member’s account is 60 days in arrears, he will not be allowed to participate in any tournaments, leagues, or club events until the account is paid current.
- If a member’s account is 90 days past due, all membership privileges will be suspended until that member’s account is current.
- The club requires all members to spend a minimum of $30.00 per quarter (Jan-Mar, April-June, July-Sept, Oct – December) on food & beverage in the clubhouse. This amount is called a quarterly assessment or quarterly requirement and all members who have not spent the required amount will be billed (assessed) the balance up to $30.00. The club will track all spending by cash, check, or charge towards quarterly assessments. Should any member pay by cash, check, or credit card, it is the member’s responsibility to notify the staff of your intent to track these sales towards your food & beverage minimums.
- The clubhouse restaurant is open for lunch service under the following schedule: From October 1st – through March 31st, the club will be open from 11-2 for lunch service on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (Off-season). During the months of April 1st – September 30th the club will be open from Monday – Friday (In-season) from 11-2. We also will schedule a number of club dinners and specialty brunches to be served on weekends throughout the year.
- The club will issue separate bills in the Pro Shop and Clubhouse. The Pro Shop bill will cover items purchased in the golf shop along with green fees, cart rentals, monthly dues, cart storage fees, and course maintenance cart fees. The clubhouse bill will consist of purchases in the restaurant and quarterly assessment charges if necessary. Members are encouraged to pay these bills separately if at all possible.
- Members wishing to resign membership must notify the club in writing. Members resigning are responsible for membership fees during current year to be fully paid. All outstanding membership bills will be deducted from membership certificate refund due to member including outstanding dues balance, cart fees, and pro shop or clubhouse bills. Certificate will be refunded no later than 60 days past the resignation date of current member resigning.
Holiday Gratuity Fund - Seasonally the club issues a notice to it's members asking for a voluntary minimal donation of $25 that is disbursed to employees of the Ground's, accounting, golf shop, and food & beverage departments. Each holiday season the club's board of directors issues holiday bonuses based on service and work ethic to the club in these departments and this fund helps support the board's disbursements. We encourage all members to support this contribution and if appropriate to add to the minimum of $25 if warranted.
Sidney Country Club Code of By-Laws
SCC By-laws 04 10 11 approved Final copy use 2013.doc